HomeFamiliesFarmsRetailersRestaurantsOur StoryRecipesTipsMediaOmega 3Buy OnlineContact

O'Neills @ Maewa

Brothers Pat and Tom O’Neill purchased Maewa Station from the Crown in 1908. It was clear felled of native bush over a 20 year period. The family enjoyed a most successful centenary on the Station in 2008.

Subsequent properties were purchased by Pat and Tom at Turakina in 1913 and Fordell in 1918.

Tom was a bachelor and lived on the station from 1908 until his death in 1950.

Pat’s son Pat (our father) started running the business from 1950. Significant development of the station took place under his stewardship in the 70’s and 80’s including subdivision, tracking, dam building, scrub-cutting, re-grassing and fertilizer, resulting in a highly productive hill country station.

More recently the family have purchased three neighbouring farms at Turakina and Santoft, with the fourth generation son’s Tim and Sam running these properties.

We share the same passion as the Redmaynes of Tunnel Hill for producing quality early season spring lambs on coastal country and feel privileged to have been asked by Richard to contribute to what promises to be a highly successful venture.

O'Neills @ Maewa